What a difference a year makes.
One year ago I had just gotten through my first cycle at the school in the middle of nowhere. I think I was finally taking a breath after working my ass off. Little did I know that shit was about to hit the fan.
Moving back to Colorado has been more of an adjustment than I perhaps first realized. I am not in higher education anymore and exclusively work in nursing. I worked in the field from January to July, when I unexpectedly got hurt at work and have been on light duty since the end of July. I haven't been in the field since then I primarily work from home. This is an odd flip for me, because last year I was working so hard and all of the time. It's very odd for me to be at home, and to not be doing a million things at once. I really really miss the office environment of having coworkers and an office. When I am at home it is hard for me to focus.
I really want to venture out and look at maybe getting back into higher education, but with my pregnancy I really do not want to take on a new job and then have to take maternity leave in 5 months. There is plenty of opportunity with my nursing organization to work and to be successful but I guess I am having a really hard time letting higher education go. I don't quite know why because many friends and family have told me that the happiest they have ever seen me was when I was working exclusively in nursing.
I get restless so easily and I hate myself for it.
No comments:
Post a Comment