I **love** Fall. But just because it means that I don't look like as much of a dumb ass when I listen to Christmas music. I am one of those idiots who loves Christmas music so much that I'll pop in Mariah Carey's Christmas even when it's April. As of October 1, I've been listening to a combo of awesomeness called Clay Aiken, Glee, Mariah Carey and Michael Buble's Christmas albums. My sweet co-worker looks over at me constantly with disdain, but I know he secretly loves it. When I listen to Christmas music it makes me feel like I'm doing right by Jesus, since most of my time is spent not doing right by Jesus.
This little gem is the epitome of Jesus loving cheese, and I love every minute of it.
I also discovered a little known duet between Michael Buble and Shania Twain. Miss Mac and I are both obsessed with it. She listens to Christmas music this early too, she says we are soul mates. I agree.
September was a break through month for me. I got a major promotion at my new job at State School that will literally change the trajectory of my career. My numerology said that the month would have advancement and on the last day of the month, it delivered. I am so happy with my strength and the joy in my life right now. I still have struggles, things still don't go right but I am addressing them head on.
I started seeing "12 stages of grief" therapist again. I decided to give her another chance, the first meeting with her since giving her another chance she knocked it out of the park. She's helped me with a lot of immediate issues and she is surprisingly direct and insightful. I refuse to go back to the way things were before, and I think I've made strides in just not letting certain things get to me as they would have before. Case in point, my in-laws are ass holes. Five years ago it would have kept me up at night, today? I don't give a shit.
I will call the new therapist Dr. 12 stages. She also counsels Ms. E so I'm keepin' it all in the neighborhood.
Fall invigorates me, it makes me feel like I can change things. I have so many things that I want to accomplish and work on, and I'm doing it. My career is going great and the woman falling deeper into a black hole is a stranger to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment